Notice Regarding Air Travel
1. We accept pregnant women who are less than 8 months (32 weeks) pregnant to board the plane (unless otherwise diagnosed by a doctor as unfit to fly). To ensure a smooth travel experience, please bring the certificate of the expected date of birth when purchasing tickets and at the time of boarding. If you need any assistance or have other requirements, please fill out the Special Passenger Service Request Form Type A (please click here to view ) when making your flight request, and we will be delighted to help you.
2. Pregnant women in good health, who are more than 8 months pregnant (32 weeks) (included) but less than 9 months pregnant (36 weeks) (not included), are required to bring the following document: a pregnancy test report issued by a medical institution within 30 days (included) before boarding the plane, or a diagnosis certificate with a doctor's signature/name seal, signifying the number of weeks of pregnancy. If the report or certificate is in electronic form, it must be issued by the official platform of the medical facility.
3. For your safety, we strongly advise the following passengers to choose other modes of travel: individuals who are 9 months pregnant (36 weeks) pregnant (included); individuals whose due date is approaching but the exact date cannot be determined, individuals who are confirmed multiple pregnancies or have a likelihood of labour complications; individuals who are less than 7 days postpartum, and individuals who have difficult delivery as well as premature delivery and who are diagnosed by a doctor as unfit to fly.
4. We currently do not provide transit connecting service for passengers who are between 32 weeks (included) and 36 weeks (not included) into their pregnancy. If you need to take connecting flights operated by different carriers, please ensure that you have obtained the consent of the carrier for the connecting flight before proceeding with your ticketing.
Unaccompanied Pregnant Travelers Service for Solo Travel
1. If you are a pregnant passenger with less than 36 weeks of pregnancy and need to take a flight alone, we provide comprehensive unaccompanied service (drop-off at departure station, dedicated in-flight care, pick-up at destination station) on point-to-point inbound and outbound domestic flights in Beijing, Taiyuan, Haikou, Xi'an, Guangzhou, Urumqi, Changsha, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Sanya, Tianjin, Chongqing, Mianyang, Qianjiang (both the departure and destination cities must be within the aforementioned cities), and we will promptly inform you of our flight information via SMS.
Note: If the flight is required to land at a different airport unexpectedly and if the airport is not one of the airports listed above, then due to staffing limitations we may be unable to provide full guidance services.
2. You can apply for unaccompanied service when purchasing your ticket. If you did not make this request at the time of ticket purchase, please apply for unaccompanied service at the check-in counter at the airport at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the flight after arriving at the airport.
1. Due to the particularity of air transportation and the sensitivity of pregnant women and fetuses to external environmental factors, it is recommended to consult your obstetrics, gynecology or other attending doctors before you plan to travel by plane during pregnancy.
2.When the flight has a diversion and the airport is not within the scope of this station, the ground may not be able to provide the full escort service due to the restrictions of the airport conditions
3. Please be careful when carrying luggage and avoid picking up heavy objects.
4. To help blood circulation while seated move your legs and ankles, and do some simple stretches. When the fasten seat belt sign is turned and it’s safe to move about the cabin you can walk around as necessary.
5. When taking a long flight, it is recommended to wear loose fitting, soft, warm clothes and comfortable flat shoes. Please do not fasten the seat belt over your belly, please fasten it over your lap.
6. Please drink plenty of water avoid dehydration or nausea during the flight. Also, please try to avoid coffee, tea and soft drinks before and during the flight.
7. If you need anything during your trip, please inform our staff who will be happy to assist you.