Passengers are not allowed to place the following items in their checked baggage or carry them into the passenger cabin; otherwise Hainan Airlines and Grand China Air will refuse to provide transportation services.
(I) Firearms and other weapons (including major components), devices capable of firing ammunition (including projectiles and other items) and causing serious personal injury or items that could be mistaken for such devices, mainly including: military guns, official guns, civilian guns, prop guns, firing guns, ball guns, guns outside the country, all kinds of illegally manufactured firearms and simulations of the above items, etc.
(II) Dangerous goods, capable of causing serious personal injury or endangering the safety of aircraft and posing a greater danger to the order of transportation, including explosives, gases, flammable liquids, flammable solids, spontaneous combustion substances, substances that release flammable gases in contact with water, oxidizers, organic peroxides, toxic substances, infectious substances, radioactive substances, corrosives and substances and articles not belonging to any of the above categories but dangerous in air transportation. Mainly includes:
1. Explosive or incendiary substances and devices or items that could be mistaken for such devices (substances), including ammunition, blasting equipment, pyrotechnic products and simulations of the above items.
2. Compressed and liquefied gases, such as hydrogen, methane, ethane, butane, natural gas, ethylene, propylene, acetylene (dissolved in medium), carbon monoxide, liquefied petroleum gas, freon, oxygen (including liquid oxygen devices), carbon dioxide, water gas, lighter fuel and liquefied gas for lighters.
3. Spontaneous combustion items, such as yellow phosphorus, white phosphorus, nitrocellulose (including film), oil paper and its products.
4. Flammable items in contact with moisture, such as metal potassium, sodium, lithium, calcium carbide (calcium carbide), magnesium and aluminum powder.
5. Flammable liquids, such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, benzene, ethanol (alcohol), acetone, ether, paints, thinners, rosin oil and products containing flammable solvents.
6. Flammable solids, such as red phosphorus, flash powder, solid alcohol, celluloid, blowing agent.
7. Oxidizing agents and organic peroxides such as potassium permanganate, potassium chlorate, sodium peroxide, potassium peroxide, lead peroxide, peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide.
8. Toxic products, such as cyanide, arsenic, highly toxic pesticides and other highly toxic chemicals.
9. Corrosive substances, such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, mercury (mercury).
10. Radioactive materials, such as radioactive isotopes.
11. Other items that implicitly contain one or more hazardous materials.
Checked Baggage Weight and Size Limitations
1. Checked in baggage shall be packed, locked or tied securely, be able to bear certain pressure, can be safely loaded or unloaded under normal operations, and must be subject to the following rules:
- Travelling cases, bags and handbags shall be locked.
- Two or more bags cannot be tied together as one.
- No other items can be attached to the baggage.
- Bamboo basket, string bag, straw ropes, straw bags and other similar articles cannot be used as a package of baggage.
- Baggage with dangerous markings or tags cannot be used. The dangerous markings or tags shall be removed or covered before the baggage can be used.
- Baggage must include the name, detailed address and phone number of the passenger.
- Sawdust, rice husk or grass items cannot be used as padding in the baggage.
2. Limits on weight and volume:
Domestic flight: Baggage weighing over 50 kg and measuring over 40—60—100 cm (length — width — height) will not be accepted as transported baggage. Any baggage exceeding these limitations can be checked only with the consent of Hainan Airlines and Grand China Air.
International flight: Weight of single piece of checked baggage cannot exceed 32 kg, the total dimensions of a single piece of checked baggage may not exceed 203 cm (80inches). If a piece is overweight or oversized, the passenger is advised to separate it into another piece of luggage and repackage it. If the piece cannot be split up, please log on to http://www.hnacargo.com/Portal/Default.aspx and contact the cargo division of Hainan Airlines and Grand China Air.
Transporting Lithium Batteries
According to the current effective ICAO technical rules for the safe air transport of dangerous goods, the regulations for transporting lithium batteries in passengers’ luggage are as follows:
- For personal electronic equipment (watch, calculator, camera, mobile phone, laptop computer and camcorder), if the lithium content of the battery is ≤ 2g (lithium metal battery), and the rated energy value is ≤ 100wh (watt hour, lithium-ion battery), then can be transported as checked baggage or as hand luggage. If the rated energy value of the battery in the equipment exceeds 100wh but does not exceed 160wh, the equipment can be transported as checked baggage or hand luggage with the approval of Hainan Airlines. When transporting as checked baggage, please properly pack the electronic device in advance to avoid accidental damage. At the same time, the electronic device must be completely powered off and measures must be taken to prevent the device from being accidentally activated.
- Spare lithium batteries are not allowed to be transported as checked luggage and can only be transported as hand luggage. The spare lithium batteries brought into the cabin should be individually protected against short circuit. The correct way is to put each battery into a small box or lithium battery transport package. "Power banks" are equivalent to spare lithium batteries. Passengers bringing "power banks" on the plane need to follow the transportation standards of spare lithium batteries. Also, it is forbidden to use "power banks" to charge mobile phones or other electronic devices after brining the "power bank" on board the aircraft.
- If the lithium content of spare lithium battery of the passenger's personal electronic equipment is ≤ 2G or the rated energy value is ≤ 100wh, it must be transported as hand luggage; if the lithium content of the spare lithium battery is less than 100wh and the rated energy value is ≤ 160wh, it must be approved by Hainan Airlines and transported as hand luggage with a limit of 2 pieces
- If passenger’s bring wheelchair powered by lithium-ion battery or other similar walking tools, portable medical electronic devices containing lithium metal or lithium-ion battery cells or batteries for medical purposes and their backup batteries must be transported in accordance with the transportation and packaging requirements of the latest version of the technical rules for the safe air transport of dangerous goods and approved by Hainan Airlines. If the spare batteries of portable electronic medical device is less than or equal to 160wh or less than 8g, it must be transported as hand luggage with the approval of Hainan Airlines, and each person is limited to two batteries.
- After approval by Hainan Airlines, spare lithium batteries for electric wheelchairs or other walking tools must be transported as hand luggage. If the rated energy value of batteries is less than or equal to 160wh, each person is limited to 2 batteries; if the rated energy value of batteries is less than or equal to 300wh, the battery is limited to 1 battery.
- Samsung Galaxy Note7 equipment, small lithium battery balance vehicle (such as type: unicycle, scooter, somatosensory vehicle, etc.) and related accessories are prohibited to be transported as hand luggage and checked baggage
- It is forbidden to transport confidential equipment such as insurance briefcase, cash box and cash bag containing lithium batteries and pyrotechnic devices.
Regulations for brining portable phone chargers
According to China Civil Aviation Administration requirements, the following provisions apply to passengers bringing portable phone chargers:
Portable phone chargers refer to mobile power sources for lithium batteries whose main function to provide an external power supply to mobile phones and other electronic devices. Under the currently valid ICAO Air Transport of Dangerous Goods Safety Technical Instructions and China Civil Aviation Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, passengers bringing
portable phone chargers shall comply with the following provisions:
1. Passengers can only bring portable phone charges for personal use.
2. Portable phone chargers can only be transported as hand luggage. It is prohibited to transport them in checked baggage.
3. Portable phone chargers with rated energy not exceeding 100 Wh do not require the airline's approval; those with rated energy exceeding 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh must have airline approval before they can be transported; each passenger may not bring more than two portable phone chargers.
4. Portable phone chargers with a rated energy exceeding 160 Wh are not allowed to be transported; portable phone chargers whose rated energy value is not marked and whose rated energy cannot be calculated through other marked parameters are not allowed to be transported.
5. Portable phone chargers cannot be used during the flight to charge electronic devices. Portable phone chargers that have an on-off switch should be switched off from the beginning of the flight to its end.
Methods for determining the rated energy of portable phone chargers:
f the rated energy value of the portable phone charger is not directly marked in Wh (watt-hours), the portable phone charger’s rated energy can be calculated in the following manner:
1. If the nominal voltage(V) and the nominal capacity(Ah) of the portable phone charger are known, the rated energy value can be calculated:
Wh= V x Ah
The nominal voltage and nominal capacity are usually marked on the portable phone charger.
2. If the portable phone charger is only marked with mAh, this value can be divided by 1,000 to get the ampere hours (Ah) value.<
Examples: If a portable phone charger has a nominal voltage of 3.7 V, and a nominal capacity of 760 mAh, its rated energy will be:
760 mAh ÷ 1,000 = 0.76 Ah
3.7 V × 0.76 Ah = 2.9 Wh