Unaccompanied Children Service
1. An unaccompanied child refers to a child who is at least 5 years old (inclusive) but less than 12 years old (exclusive), and is not accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 years old and capable of civil conduct.
2. Scope of air transportation not applicable to unaccompanied child service:
a. Sick and disabled children under the age of 12 (excluding the 12-year-old birthday on the Gregorian calendar) travel alone;
b. Passengers who are at least 5 years old (including the day of the 5th birthday on the Gregorian calendar) but under the age of 12 (excluding the day of the 12th birthday on the Gregorian calendar) on domestic and international cross-flight flights fly alone;
c. Passengers who issue tickets at non-Hainan Airlines Holding Co., Ltd. or ticket offices not authorized by Hainan Airlines Holding Co., Ltd.;
d. For Hainan Airlines connecting flights (except for connecting flights on the same plane) or connecting flights between Hainan Airlines and other airlines;
e. Hainan Airlines is a code-share flight operated by the market.
3. As our Unaccompanied child Service is limited, please make sure you purchase your ticket and reserve your seat at ticket offices operated or authorized by Hainan Airlines, and apply for this service upon booking by filling in the Service Application Form for Unaccompanied child. (Note: Tickets for unaccompanied minors are currently not available for booking or purchase at Hainan Airlines website. We apologize for any inconvenience it may cause).
4. On regional and international routes, there are no child discounts for unaccompanied children. Unaccompanied children ticket reservations are charged at the adult sales price.
5. Your child needs to hold a valid ID, travel document, etc., including passport (or ID card, household registration book), air ticket, unaccompanied children service ticket and other document.
6. Starting on July 28, 2020, Hainan Airlines will resume unaccompanied child services, which are applicable to direct flights between Beijing, Haikou, Xi’an, Taiyuan, and Tianjin. Parents can use the Hainan Airlines APP, WeChat official account and mobile To apply for this service on the website (m.hnair.com), you can upload photos through the staff to understand the situation of small passengers waiting, boarding, and disembarking in the isolation area in real time.
7.For international and China Hong Kong, China Macao and China Taiwan routes departing from Beijing, please take your child to the ticket counter 58-59 on the 2nd floor of Beijing T2 Terminal for unaccompanied service handover with the staff; if you need to accompany your child to check in together For the procedure, please bring your passport with you.
8.Due to special needs, we can also provide unaccompanied services for children 12 years old (including the 12th birthday on the Gregorian calendar) to 15 years old (including the 15th birthday on the Gregorian calendar). This service for children 12 years old (including the 12th birthday on the Gregorian calendar) to 15 years old (including the 15th birthday on the Gregorian calendar) is only available on international and regional flights and requires a certain fee, which is charged at 50 Euro/500 RMB/75 CAD/70 USD or other equivalent currencies per person per segment.
Tips: With the gradual improvement of the domestic epidemic situation, Hainan Airlines will resume services for unaccompanied children on routes other than international inbound and outbound flights, Urumqi inbound and Kashgar inbound flights from July 27. Thank you for your understanding and support.
We will provide each child passenger with a "Little Traveller" folder, to make sure all their travel documents and boarding passes can easily be kept in order.
Hainan Airlines will appoint a specially trained representative to assist the unaccompanied child throughout all processes required for departure, such as check-in, customs clearance, and security check.This person will also look after the unaccompanied child and his or her travel documents while waiting for boarding.
After boarding, the ground personnel will hand over the unaccompanied child and his travel documents to an appointed crew member who will be responsible for the unaccompanied child during the flight and ensure your child has a pleasant journey.
If the flight is delayed, Hainan Airlines will appoint a responsible staff member to take care of your child and arrange for accommodation, transportation and food where necessary.At the same time, we will also contact you to inform you of the delay. If the flight is cancelled, we will contact you and bring your child back to the departure airport safely.
We will ensure your child is taken good care of throughout the entire journey, until your child has reached their destination and our personnel have confirmed the identification of the parent/guardian designated to meet your child at the destination airport.
Hainan Airlines' overseas website currently does not offer unaccompanied children tickets. If you require such service, please contact your nearest Hainan Airlines ticket offices or our service hotline. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.