Convenient Cross-Border Travel
between Mexico and the U.S. with CBX
Passengers who purchase tickets for Hainan Airlines non-stop flights between Beijing and Tijuana can use their HU boarding pass or proof of booking to take the Cross Border Xpress (CBX) bridge between Tijuana and San Diego free of charge from August 17th to November 17th, 2019 and enjoy a convenient way of traveling between Mexico and the United States.
|HU7926||B787||Tue./Thu.||Mexico City Tijuana||00:00||01:15|
|HU7925||B787||Mon./Wed.||Tijuana Mexico City||16:55||22:00|
|The above flight schedule is for reference only. The specific flight schedule is subject to the official website inquiry.|
What is CBX?
The Cross Border Xpress (CBX) is a new passenger terminal and enclosed pedestrian bridge that spans the U.S./Mexico border, connecting Tijuana International Airport (TIJ) to San Diego in the United States.
The CBX border crossing is exclusively for Tijuana International Airport passengers. Passengers whose flights depart from Tijuana can cross up to 24 hours before their flight, whereas passengers arriving at Tijuana International Airport can use it for up to 2 hours after their arrival. The CBX one-way ticket price is US$ 20, with discounts for round-trip crossings and families.
Take a non-stop Hainan Airlines flight between Beijing and Tijuana and enjoy free U.S./Mexico border crossing services via CBX!
How to cross the CBX for free
Tijuana Airport→San Diego
1. Arrive at Tijuana International Airport on Hainan Airlines flight HU7925. After collecting your baggage, present your boarding pass at a staffed CBX ticketing counter next to the baggage reclaim area to obtain your free ticket.
2. Follow the signs to cross the CBX bridge into San Diego in the United States. You need to cross the CBX bridge within two hours after landing.
San Diego→Tijuana International Airport
1. Arrive at the CBX terminal in San Diego by car, bus or taxi and use your Hainan Airlines flight HU7926 proof of booking (boarding pass/electronic itinerary/paper itinerary) to receive your free ticket at a staffed CBX ticketing counter.
2. Follow the signs to cross the CBX bridge into Tijuana International Airport in Mexico. Applicable up to 24 hours before departure for flights departing from Tijuana International Airport.
- What documents are needed to enter the U.S. via the CBX?
- What documents are needed to enter Mexico via the CBX?
United States visa
(registration card for entry into/exit from the United States)
(Mexico Visitor’s Permit)
Temporary or Permanent Resident Card
Note: If you stay in Mexico for more than 7 days, the government charges a fee for the Mexico’s Visitor Permit, which is approximately US$ 25–30 (about 558 Mexican pesos).
Please visit the CBX website for details.
Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What services does CBX offer?
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- SENTRI, Global Entry, I-94
- Bilingual customer service
- Car rental, taxi, bus, shuttle bus
- Duty-free shopping
- Outdoor patios
- Air-conditioned guest areas
- Luggage/porter services
- Assistance for travelers with disabilities (wheelchair)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Shuttle bus service: direct lines from CBX to San Ysidro every 45 minutes ($7); downtown San Diego every 2 hours ($12); three daily departures to Los Angeles, Anaheim and Santa Ana ($27)