Article 3 Ticket Change and Refund
Section 1 General Provisions
Article 27 Flight Schedules
1. Hainan Airlines will strive to carry passengers and their baggage within a reasonable period and comply with the flight schedules published prior to the date of travel. However, timetables and flight times or aircraft types shown elsewhere are for reference only, and may change between the date of publication and the date of actual travel. Hainan Airlines do not guarantee them to passengers and they do not form part of the air transportation contact.
2. Hainan Airlines are not liable for any errors or omissions in timetables and other published flight schedules, unless the losses are caused by the imprudent action or inaction of Hainan Airlines despite knowing the consequences. Hainan Airlines are not liable for the employees, agents, or representatives' explanations of any departure or arrival time, date, or flight.
3. Before accepting passenger booking, Hainan Airlines will notify passengers of the scheduled departure time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on the ticket. Hainan Airlines may need to change the flight time subsequent to issuance of ticket. If passengers provide Hainan Airlines with valid contact information, Hainan Airlines will endeavour to notify passengers of any changes in flight time. If, after passengers purchase the ticket, Hainan Airlines make a change to the flight time, which is not acceptable to passengers, and Hainan Airlines are unable to book passengers on an alternate flight which is acceptable to them, passengers will be entitled to an involuntary refund.
Article 28 Flight Cancellation and Change
In any of the following circumstances, Hainan Airlines may, without prior notice, change aircraft type or route, cancel, interrupt, postpone, or put off a flight, for the purposes of:
1. Conformity with national laws, regulations, government rules, and other norms;
2. Flight safety;
3. Other force majeure or unforeseeable reasons;
4. Other reasons not on Hainan Airlines part.
Section 2 Change of Ticket
Ticket change refers to reschedule ticket, change cabin class, or transfer ticket. Ticket change may be voluntary or involuntary.
1. Voluntary change of ticket means that passengers request to change the ticket due to their own reason.
2. Involuntary change of ticket means that passengers have to change the ticket due to flight being cancelled, delayed, or earlier than scheduled, change of flight voyage, change of cabin class, or the inability of Hainan Airlines to operate the original flight, etc.
Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will handle voluntary change of ticket in accordance with applicable general conditions of transportation and comditions for using the ticket.
1. Voluntary change of itinerary, date, and cabin class
After passengers purchase a ticket, if passengers request to change its itinerary, date, or cabin class, Hainan Airlines or its sales agent, subject to seat availability and time arrangement, will handle passenger request in accordance with conditions for using the ticket.
2. Voluntary change of flight
When passengers voluntarily request to change the carrier, with consent from the original carrier or its authorized agents and the new carrier and upon satisfaction of all of the following conditions, passengers may be transferred to another carrier:
(1) Passenger fare has no limit on the change of flight;
(2) The carrier passengers have requested for a change signs International agreements with Hainan Airlines, and both parties may issue or receive tickets for each other;
The change of carrier other than that specified in above Paragraph 1 and Paragraph 2 will be handled as voluntary ticket refund.
(3) Without special authorization, the sales agents of Hainan Airlines shall not handle procedures for change of flight for passengers.
In case of involuntary change of ticket due to Hainan Airlines, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents, subject to seat availability or with consent from the transferred carrier, will reschedule or transfer passengers free of charge. As for involuntary change of ticket not due to Hainan Airlines, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will handle it in accordance with applicable general conditions of transportation and conditions for using the ticket.
After passenger confirmation of the new flight and completion of involuntary change of ticket, if due to passenger's own reason, passengers again request a change or refund, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will handle it in accordance with the conditions for using the ticket for the new flight.
Unless otherwise specified, prior to Hainan Airlines' publication of flight delay, cancellation, or other irregularities, if passengers have voluntarily cancelled seat reservation, or have missed or omitted a flight due to non-carrier reasons, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will handle passengers' subsequent change of ticket or refund in accordance with the conditions for using the ticket; If passengers have had voluntary change of ticket or refund prior to Hainan Airlines' publication of flight delay, cancellation, or other irregularities, charges paid for such changes or refund will not be refunded to passengers.
When passengers cannot finish the entire interline flight within the specified time, due to change of one or several legs of the flight, the contracting carrier or its sales agents shall assist passengers to arrive at their final destination or stopover place.
The involuntary change of ticket in connecting flights will be handled in accordance with Article 31.
When passengers purchased multi-segment tickets for several legs of a non-connecting flight, the ticket for each leg belongs to different contracts of transportation. If one or several legs has irregularities, Hainan Airlines ticket for irregular flights will be handled in accordance with Article 31; The change of tickets for other regular legs will be handled by the contracting carrier(s) in accordance with the conditions for using the ticket, and passengers shall bear the expenses thus incurred.
Section 3 Refund
Refund refers to the situation where passengers have not used part or all of the ticket due to their own reason, the inability of Hainan Airlines to operate the original flight, or itinerary change, and will be refunded within the validity period. Refund may be voluntary or involuntary.
1. Voluntary refund means that passengers request a refund due to their own reason.
2. Involuntary refund means that passengers request a refund due to flight being cancelled, delayed, or earlier than scheduled, change of flight voyage, change of cabin class, or the inability of carriers to operate the original flight, etc.
Article 35 Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will handle passenger voluntary refund in accordance with applicable general conditions of transportation and conditions for using the ticket.
1. When the ticket is totally unused, Hainan Airlines will deduct from ticket payment all applicable refund and service charges and refund the remaining to passengers;
2. When a portion of the ticket is used, Hainan Airlines will deduct from ticket payment the fare, taxes, refund, and service charges for the used portion, and refund the remaining to passengers.
Involuntary refund is free of charge, and Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will handle it as follows:
(1) Refund all ticket payment if no portion of the ticket has been used;
(2) Deduct the fare and taxes for the used portion and refund the remaining, free from any refund and service charges, if a portion of the ticket has been used.
Unless otherwise specified, involuntary refund in connecting flights shall be handled in accordance with Article 36 herein.
When passengers purchased multi-segment tickets for several legs of a non-connecting flight, the ticket for each leg belongs to different contracts of transportation. If one or several legs has irregularities, Hainan Airlines ticket for irregular flights will be handled as involuntary refund in accordance with Article 36; The refund of tickets for other regular legs will be handled by the contracting carrier(s) in accordance with actual general conditions of transportation and conditions for using the ticket, and passengers shall bear the expenses thus incurred.
To request a refund, passengers shall fill in a refund form at Hainan Airlines ticket office or the ticket office of its sales agents. When passengers have purchased a paper ticket, except that the ticket is lost, passengers must present all boarding and passenger coupons of the ticket to request a refund; When passengers have purchased an electronic ticket, passengers must present a valid ID and return a printed copy of electronic ticket, and at the time of refund, passenger electronic ticket must remain valid.
In case that irregularities occur in a place not named in the ticket, to request a refund, passengers must present the original boarding pass issued at departure airport, flight irregularity certificate, and passenger valid ID (for a paper ticket, passengers also have to present the original or duplicate copy of passenger coupon).
Article 41 Place of Refund
Unless otherwise specified, passengers may request a refund at the original place of ticket purchase or the ticketing office directly affiliated to Hainan Airlines.
Article 42 Currency
Refund must comply with laws and other relevant regulations of the original place of ticket purchase and the place of refund. The refund may be in the original currency paid for the ticket, or the currency of the country where the ticket was purchased or where the refund is made.
Article 43 Refund Payee
1. Hainan Airlines are entitled to make a refund to the person named in the ticket.
2. If a ticket has been paid for by a person other than the passenger named in the ticket, Hainan Airlines will make a refund to the person who paid for the ticket or to a designated person in accordance with the restriction stated in ticket refund.
3. A passenger shall present a valid ID to request a refund; If the refund is made to the person not named in the ticket, valid ID of the passenger and refund payee shall be presented.
4. Refund will be deemed as proper if it is made to the person holding the valid ticket for the unused portion of the flight and satisfies Paragraph 1, Paragraph 2 and Paragraph 3 of this article. Hainan Airlines will be discharged from responsibility immediately as well.
Article 44 Time Limit for Refund
Except for refund on lost ticket in Article 11 herein, passengers shall request a refund and handle the formalities within the validity period of ticket, or else Hainan Airlines is entitled to refuse.
Except under special circumstances, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will complete refund formalities within 7 business days upon receiving a valid request from the passenger, and this does not include the financial institutions' handling time. The time limit will start from when Hainan Airlines or its sales agents receive a valid request from the passenger, not including the time in connection with invalid requests.
Article 45 Refusal of Refund Rights
1. Hainan Airlines may refuse a refund if it is not available in accordance with applicable fares and relevant regulations of Hainan Airlines.
2. Hainan Airlines may refuse a refund on a ticket which has been presented to Hainan Airlines or government, as evidence of intention to depart from the country. However, Hainan Airlines may refund tickets if passengers present to Hainan Airlines the permission to remain in the country or depart from the country by another carrier or another means of transport.