Chapter 2 Ticket Sales
Section 1 General Provisions
The ticket is a type of transportation certificate, which includes paper ticket and electronic ticket. A ticket is the prima facie evidence of the air transportation contract between the carrier and passenger whose name is listed on the ticket. The conditions of contract contained in the ticket are a summary of the terms and conditions specified in the General Conditions of Transportation of Hainan Airlines.
The ticket is nominative and is only valid for the person whose name appears on the ticket and is consistent with the name on his or her identity document.
Tickets are not transferable. Tickets that have been transferred are invalid and non-refundable. If a ticket is presented by the person not entitled to boarding or receive a refund, and Hainan Airlines provides the transportation service or refund to such person without intention or any fault, Hainan Airlines shall not be held responsible for the original owner of the ticket.
Without Hainan Airlines' official consent, tickets cannot be changed. Tickets that have been changed without Hainan Airlines' official consent are invalid and non-refundable.
Article 7 Requirements for the Use of Tickets
1. Each passenger shall have a ticket.
2. When requesting for boarding, a passenger shall present the valid ID identical to the one used to purchase the ticket and comply with the following provisions:
(1) Paper ticket holders who cannot provide a valid ticket issued in accordance with the regulations of Hainan Airlines with the flight coupon of the aircraft they wish to board as well as any additional unused flight coupons or passenger coupons will not be permitted to board the aircraft. Passengers presenting a defective ticket or a ticket not altered by Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will not be permitted to board the aircraft.
(2) Passengers with electronic tickets can only board the aircraft before their tickets are validated by Hainan Airlines or its ground service agents. The Air Transport Electronic Ticket Itinerary shall not be used as a required document for handling check-in procedures and security checks at the airport, but only as a reimbursement voucher of electronic ticket and a reminder of the passenger's itinerary.
3. The cabin class must be specified for each flight segment. Meanwhile, the reserved seat and date must also be indicated for the flight before Hainan Airlines provides the transportation service. As to the segments for which seats have not been reserved, Hainan Airlines shall reserve seats for passengers upon request in accordance with the applicable ticket fares and availability of seats on the flight the passengers are about to board.
4. Within the validity period of ticket, passengers must complete all of the journeys listed on their tickets or follow the procedures for change of ticket, change of flight, or ticket refund. Expired tickets and taxes and fees are both non-refundable.
5. Passengers shall travel in accordance with the voyage specified in the ticket and may not end their journey in advance at a stopover location without the express permission of Hainan Airlines.
6. A confirmed date ticket is only valid for the carrier, boarding date, flight, and cabin class as specified on the ticket, while an open-date ticket can only be used after the seat has been reserved. If passengers cancel the seat reservation for a confirmed date ticket, only once the seat has been reserved may the ticket be used again.
Section 2 Validity Period of Tickets
1. The validity period of a ticket lasts one year from the date a passenger starts travelling, unless otherwise specified in the paragraph 3 of this Article. If the first segment of the ticket is not utilized or is an open-date ticket, the validity period lasts one year from the date of ticket issuance.
2. If the first segment of the ticket has been utilized, the entire ticket or conjunction ticket will be valid for 1 year from the date the passenger starts travelling, and the validity period will remain the same even if the ticket is changed or exchanged for another ticket. If if the original ticket is not used at all, the validity period of the ticket after the change of the ticket or exchange for another ticket shall remain valid for one year from the date the passenger begins travelling. If the first segment of the ticket after the change of the ticket or exchange for another ticket is not used or is an open-date ticket, the ticket shall remain valid for 1 year from the date of change or from the date of exchange.
3. Passengers must complete their travel within the fare validity period for tickets with a limited fare validity that is clearly stated on the ticket or advised at the time of purchase. Tickets that exceed the fare validity period may be subject to fare recalculation or refund within the validity period of the ticket.
4. Unless otherwise specified, the validity period of ticket is determined from 00:00 on the day the flight takes off or the day of ticket issuance to 00:00 on the day that the validity period ends.
Section 3 Extension of Validity Period of Tickets
1. If a passenger is unable to board a flight during the ticket's validity period due to one of following reasons with respect to Hainan Airlines, the ticket's validity period will be extended until the appearance of the first flight on which Hainan Airlines can accommodate the passenger based on the cabin class specified on the original paid ticket:
(1) Cancel the flight for which the passenger has already reserved a seat;
(2) Fail to stop at a stopover location that happens to be the passenger's place of departure, destination,or stopover place;
(3) Fail to conduct the flight properly in accordance with the flight schedule;
(4) Cause a passenger to miss the connecting flight;
(5) Fail to provide the seat that has been reserved by passengers in advance.
(6) Change the passenger's cabin class.
2. If a passenger holding a regular fare ticket or a preferential fare ticket with the same validity period as a regular fare ticket fails to travel within the validity period because Hainan Airlines fails to provide a seat for the passenger in accordance with the cabin class specified on the ticket at the time of seat reservation, the validity period of the ticket may be extended until the appearance of the first flight on which Hainan Airlines can accommodate the passenger based on the cabin class specified on the original paid ticket, but shall not exceed over 7 days.
3. The validity period of a preferential fare ticket that is different from that of a regular fare ticket shall be determined in accordance with the related regulations of Hainan Airlines.
4. As to the passenger who has begun a trip and must stop travelling due to illness, unless otherwise provided by Hainan Airlines for the fare paid, if the passenger can provide a medical certificate issued by a hospital at or above the county level, Hainan Airlines may extend the validity period of the ticket until the passenger is believed to be fit to travel again according to the certificate of diagnosis, or until the appearance of the first flight on which the carrier can accommodate the passenger based on the cabin class specified on the original paid ticket after the date the passenger is believed to be able to travel again. If the unused flight coupon of the ticket contains one or more places of connection, the validity period of the ticket may not be extended beyond 3 months since the certificate of diagnosis is issued by the doctor. If a passenger is escorting a sick passenger, Hainan Airlines may extend the validity period of tickets for both of them.
5. If a passenger passes away during the trip, the accompanying person's ticket may be changed by extending the ticket's validity time. The ticket of a passenger and the accompanying person may also be changed in the event that a member of the passenger's immediate family passes away while on the journey. Such changes shall be made upon receipt of the death certificate and the validity period of such tickets shall not be extended beyond 45 days from the date of death.
Section 4 Order and Use of Tickets
1.The ticket a passenger has purchased is valid only for the transportation shown on the ticket, from the place of departure and any agreed stopover places to destination. The fare paid by the passenger is based on the fare rules of Hainan Airlines as well as the transportation service listed on the ticket. The ticket fare constitutes the basic content of the contract of transportation signed between Hainan Airlines and passengers. Passengers shall use the ticket in the prescribed order, starting from the place of departure and in accordance with the voyage specified on the ticket.
2. Hainan Airlines shall have the right to reject transportation if a passenger asks to begin the trip at a stopover place or at the agreed-upon stopover and fails to utilize the ticket in the prescribed order.
3. If a passenger wishes to change any content related to the transportation service, he/she must contact Hainan Airlines in advance. The ticket fare will be re-calculated once the transportation service is changed. The decision to accept the revised ticket fare or stick with the original transportation service specified on the ticket is up to the passengers. If, due to force majeure, the passenger needs to change any part of the transportation service, the passenger must contact Hainan Airlines as soon as possible and Hainan Airlines will make reasonable efforts to transport the passenger to the next stopover place or final destination without re-calculating the ticket fare.
4. If a passenger changes the transportation service without getting permission from Hainan Airlines, Hainan Airlines will re-calculate the ticket fare based on the actual route. The ticket fare paid based on the actual itinerary is the fare that would have been charged if the passenger made a ticket reservation forparticular itinerary. If the ticket fare is higher than the one that the passenger has already paid, the passenger must pay the difference between the original fare and the applicable fare that will apply once the transportation plan is changed, in addition to the change fee, and Hainan Airlines will provide additional transportation services to the passenger based on the subsequent payment of the additional fee made by the passenger. The passenger will be no longer able to use the unused segment of the ticket.
5.Each ticket shall specify the cabin class and the reserved seat and travel date with the flight shall be determined before Hainan Airlines carries out the transportation service. The seat reservation must be done in accordance with the relevant ticket fare criteria and the availability of seats on the flight if the seat reservation state is not noted on the ticket.
6. If a passenger does not take the flight for which a seat has been reserved and meanwhile fails to notify Hainan Airlines in advance, Hainan Airlines may cancel the seat reservation for the onward or return trip as specified on the ticket. However, if the passenger notifies Hainan Airlines in advance, Hainan Airlines will reserve the seat for the subsequent flight in accordance with the passenger's requirements.
Section 5 Ticket Lost
Article 11 Report the Loss of Paper Tickets
1. If all or part of a ticket is lost or damaged, or if the passenger presents a ticket that does not include the passenger coupon and all of the unused flight coupons, the passenger shall apply in writing to Hainan Airlines or its authorized sales agent for the loss of the ticket.
2. loss issued by the public security authority, but must present his or her valid ID. If the person reporting the loss of the ticket is not the passenger who owns the ticket, he/she must provide the written application, agent coupon of the original ticket, and other materials or evidence sufficient to prove the loss of the ticket.
3. Hainan Airlines shall assume no responsibilities if the ticket has been used or returned fraudulently in whole or in part before the passenger reports the loss.
Article 12 Re-purchase of Ticket
If a passenger wants to travel on the flight or subsequent flight specified on the lost ticket after losing a paper confirmed date ticket, he or she must buy a new ticket.
Article 13 Refund of Lost Paper Tickets
1. If an open-date ticket is lost, the passenger shall promptly report in writing to Hainan Airlines the loss of the ticket in accordance with the procedures clearly specified in Article 11 of the Chapter. During 30 days after the ticket refund expires, the passenger may request a refund by providing the documentation and proof required by Article 11, paragraph 2 of the Conditions, provided it has not been fraudulently used or returned.
2. After verification by Hainan Airlines, passenger may request a refund for the lost confirmed date ticket within 30 days since the ticket refund period of the ticket expires, by providing the documentation and proof required by Article 11, paragraph 2 of the Conditions and passenger coupon of the re-purchased ticket.
Article 14 Loss of Itinerary of Electronic Tickets
1. If the itinerary of electronic ticket is lost, no replacement can be made. However, the passenger may, with valid ID, apply in writing to Hainan Airlines at the original place of ticket purchase or at the airline's ticket office for a proof of purchase.
2. The proof purchase can only prove that the passenger has purchased the ticket. It shall not be deemed as a valid travel document or reimbursement voucher.
Section 6 Fares and Taxes
Article 15 Fares
1. The ticket fare ("fare") refers to the cost of air transportation from the airport of departure to the airport of destination, exclusive of the ground transportation expenses, taxes, and levies imposed on travel between the airport and urban areas or between the airports in the same city. Fare is calculated in accordance with Hainan Airlines' valid transportation rate on the date the passenger purchases the ticket. It is applicable to the specific date, itinerary, and other transportation information shown on the ticket. The fare will remain unchanged if it is adjusted after the ticket is sold. As for an open-date ticket, if there is a change in the fare when confirming the seat on the flight, the difference in fare will be handled based on the principle of refund for any overpayment or supplemental payment for any deficiency. The fare payable may be changed under voluntary change of ticket or for reasons unrelated to Hainan Airlines.
2. Passengers enjoying the preferential fares shall comply with the applicable conditionsto such preferential fares.
Article 16 Child and Infant Tickets
1. Children may enjoy child fares or purchase tickets at the applicable adult fares. In both circumstances, they will be provided with a seat, and the appropriate fare regulations will apply.
2. Unless otherwise specified, infant fares are normally calculated at a discount of 10% of the adult fare. If the adult fare does not offer an infant discount, a higher adult fare that offers an infant discount will be used for the calculation. Infant tickets are not available for seating. If your infant will occupy their own seat, a child ticket should be purchased in accordance with the conditions of transportation by Hainan Airlines. A maximum of one infant per adult passenger is allowed.
3. Children and infants accompanied by adults shall purchase the tickets with the same cabin class of service as those of their travel companions.
Article 17 Routes
Only the routes mentioned in conjunction with the fares shall be covered by the fares. The passenger may indicate the route before ticket issuance if the fare covers more than one flight route, or they may opt to select one of the routes offered by Hainan Airlines.
Article 18 Taxes and Fees
The listed fares do not include any taxes or fees that the government, relevant authorities, or the airport operator may levy on the passenger or any fees for any services or amenities that the passenger utilizes. Such taxes or fees must be paid by the passenger at the time of ticket purchase and shall be collected by the airline on behalf of the related authorities. When a passenger purchases the ticket, Hainan Airlines will inform the passenger of the specific taxes and fees not covered by the fare.
Article 19 Currency
The currency of the nation where the ticket is issued must be used to pay for all fares, taxes, and fees unless another currency is specified by Hainan Airlines or its authorized agent at the time and before the passenger makes the payment. Due to issues like the inability to convert local currencies, Hainan Airlines reserves the right to take other currencies at its sole discretion.
Section 7 Purchase of Tickets
Article 20 General Provisions
1. Passengers may purchase tickets either through Hainan Airlines' official website (www.hnair.com, www.hainanairlines.com), Hainan Airlines' APP, Hainan Airlines' WeChat account, or its sales agent's online platform, or going to the ticket office of Hainan Airlines or its sales agents, or by calling 95339, Hainan Airlines' customer service hotline or its sales agents' telephone number.
2. Passengers shall pay for their tickets within the time limit specified by Hainan Airlines or its authorized sales agents, Or otherwise, Hainan Airlines will cancel their seat reservations. At the time when passengers reserve their seats, Hainan Airlines or its authorized sales agents shall inform the passengers of the time limit for ticket purchase.
3. Passengers shall provide Hainan Airlines or its sales agents with the necessary personal information required by related laws and regulations and their valid contact information, and shall be responsible for the authenticity and accuracy of the documents and information provided. Meanwhile, they must ensure that the documents used to purchase the ticket and boarding registration are consistent, or otherwise the passengers shall assume any losses arising therefrom. When buying tickets over the phone or online, passengers must submit information such as their contact information, a valid ID number, the birth dates of children and infants, among other things. Meanwhile, the Passenger Seat Reservation Form must be completed by passengers purchasing tickets at the ticket office, together with a valid ID or another valid ID recognized by the public security authorities.
4. Passengers acknowledge that the personal information they provide to Hainan Airlines is intended for the purpose of making reservations and arranging related transportation services, as well as for completing the immigration and entry procedures. To this end, passengers authorizes Hainan Airlines to retain his or her personal information and to pass it on to various government agencies, related Hainan Airlines departments, and other related carriers or providers of related services.
5. Passengers must review the pertinent laws for entry and exit in the country of origin, stopover, or final destination.
6. In accordance with the national regulations on personal information protection, Hainan Airlines, airport management authorities,ground service agents and sales agents of Hainan Airlines, operators of airline sales network platform, and aviation information companies are not allowed to disclose, sell, illegally use, or provide personal information of passengers to other people.
7. The purchase of tickets for special passengers such as infants, pregnant women, unaccompanied children and seriously ill patients shall abide by the transportation standards of Hainan Airlines. The specific transportation standards are displayed in the Travel Information section on the official website of Hainan Airlines (www.hnair.com), together with the General Conditions of transportation of Hainan Airlines.
When selling tickets via online channels, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents shall inform passengers of the main service information of the selected flights in a noticeable way, including but not limited to the following contents, to help passengers better understand the service information of their selected flights. Passengers must carefully study them to make sure the information is correct.
1. Name of the carrier, including the contracting carrier and actual carrier;
2. Airport of origin, stopover, and airport of destination and related terminal;
3. Flight number, flight date, cabin class, scheduled departure, and arrival time;
4. When booking 2 or more flights at the same time, passengers are required to clarify whether the connecting flight is involved;
5. Applicable fares and conditions for using the ticket, including the rules on change of ticket and refund, etc.;
6. Whether meals are provided in the flight;
7. Taxes and fees charged in accordance with related national laws and regulations;
8. Baggage transportation regulations applicable to the flight, including baggage size, weight, and free baggage allowance.Passengers will be explicitly informed of the aforementioned information when purchasing tickets from Hainan Airlines or its sales agents at ticket counters or via other channels, such as the telephone, or they will be directed to the company's official website (www.hnair.com), where they can find out how to obtain the aforementioned information.
Hainan Airlines or its sales agents have included all of the General Conditions of transportation of Hainan Airlines in the contents that passengers must read when they purchase tickets online, and they make sure that passengers are informed of the aforementioned contents upon purchasing tickets in the form of mandatory options. This has been done to help passengers better read and understand the relevant service standards. When Hainan Airlines or its authorized sales agents sell tickets through other means such as ticket offices or telephone, they shall remind ticket buyers to read the General Conditions of transportation of Hainan Airlines and inform them of the channel to do so (www.hnair.com).
Hainan Airlines' transportation standards are displayed in the Travel Information section on the official website of Hainan Airlines (www.hnair.com), together with the General Conditions of transportation of Hainan Airlines. On the official website of Hainan Airlines, passengers can read and learn more about them while purchasing tickets.
To remind passengers of the flight information and precautions for travel, Hainan Airlines or its sales agents will inform passengers in writing, either electronically or in paper form, of the important contents of the trip after ticket issuance, including but not limited to the following contents. Passengers must verify the accuracy and authenticity of the information carefully.
1. Main service information of the flight as clearly stipulated in Article 21 of the Conditions;
2. Name of Passenger;
3. Ticket number or contract number, as well as the expiration date of ticket;
4. Travel tips, including the deadline by which passengers are not allowed to go through the check-in procedures at the place of origin, prohibited or restricted items, etc.;
5. Free access to the applicable General Conditions of transportation of Hainan Airlines.
When a passenger purchases a ticket for a code-share flight with Hainan Airlines as a market partner, Hainan Airlines or its sales agent will inform the passenger of the actual carrier and the name of contracting carrier of the code-share flight.
Service requirements for baggage, air-to-ground service, irregular flights, and ticket refunds and changes for code-share flights are managed in line with the codeshare cooperation agreements between contracting carriers and actual carriers, as well as any applicable laws and regulations.