- How is free baggage allowance calculated for certain flights?
1. On flights between China and United States, free baggage allowance is 70 lb (32 kg) for Business Class and 50 lb (23 kg) for economy class.
2.As of January 2014, our European routes have shifted to a per parcel system, allowing business class passengers two (2) complementary checked bags, each of total dimensions (length + width + height) not exceeding 158 cm (62 in.) and total weight not exceeding 32 kg (70 lbs.). Economy class passengers enjoy one (1) complementary checked bag of total dimensions (length + width + height) not exceeding 158 cm (62 in.) and total weight not exceeding 23 kg (50 lbs.). Students studying abroad are allowed two (2) complementary checked bags, each of total dimensions (length + width + height) not exceeding 158 cm (62 in.) and total weight not exceeding 23 kg (50 lbs.). On Hainan Airlines’s domestic flights, first class passengers are allowed luggage up to 40 kg (88 lbs.), business class up to 30 kg (66 lbs.) and economy class up to 20 kg (44 lbs.).
3. On Hainan Airlines domestic China flights, the free baggage allowance is 88 lb (40 kg) for First Class, 66 lb (30 kg) for Business Class and 44 lb (20 kg) for Economy Class.
- Are there certain carry-on baggage restrictions on China to United States flights?
1. Each passenger on a Hainan Airlines flight between China and United States is allowed one carry-on item plus one small personal item. Carry-on baggage must comply with the following rules:
A) Weighs less than 22 lbs (10 kg);
B) Total sum on all three sides (length, width and height) must not exceed 45 in (115 cm);
C) Can fit into the overhead compartment or under the seat directly in front of the passenger whom the carry-on baggage belongs to.
2. Personal items include a purse or handbag, garment bag, laptop case, camera bag, infant supplies bag, or any other items meeting the outlined size imitations.
3. The following items can be carried onboard and will not be counted as baggage: required assistance devices for passengers (wheelchairs, crutches, etc), one box or bag of duty free items, an overcoat, an umbrella and an item of reading material.
- How to calculate fees and charges for excessive baggage？
Please check the page: Fees and charges for excessive baggage. Read more >>
- How is lost baggage retrieved?
Baggage delay and losses are rare; but in the event this does occur, Hainan Airlines sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience and will do all that is necessary to retrieve your personal and valuable items promptly and safely. Please advise airport staff immediately if you are not able to find your bag upon arrival. We will search for your baggage using our computerized baggage system and keep you informed of its status. If you need further assistance, please contact our airport staff.
- Is there a restriction for the number of baggage(s) items allowed on certain flights?
On flights between China and United States, each passenger is allowed two free baggage items, and each infant passenger is allowed one free baggage item. Passengers holding Golden or Silver Fortune Wings Cards are allowed to check one additional bag weighing less than 50 lb (23 kg). For flights on all other air routes, please limit your baggage to two pieces.
- Are there weight restrictions for baggage on Hainan Airlines flights?
Checked baggage is specifically limited to baggage weight on all Hainan Airlines flights.