Notes for Traveling
1. Unless deemed unfit for air travel by a doctor, we allow expectant mothers who are less than 8 months (32 weeks) pregnant to travel on our flight. If you have any assistance service requirements or needs, please fill in the Service Application Form for Special Passenger Class A when raising requirements for taking a flight. We are glad to help you.
2. Expectant mothers who are or more than 8 months (32 weeks)(inclusive) pregnant but less than 9 months (36 weeks)(exclusive) pregnant will only be permitted to fly with us if they fill out Service Application Form for Special Passenger Class C when raising requirements for taking a flight and produce three copies of a Medical Certificate ① 24 hours before the boarding time of their flight, which should also have on it specific due date for the certificate's validity. If you have a ready medical certificate in hand, then it will be acceptable to submit your application at the airport 60 minutes prior to the departure time.
3. The medical certificate is valid only with the doctor's signature and the official stamp from a Chinese county or municipal medical institution, or the one with equivalent level (such as national 2A level) or above. If the passenger leaves from outside of China, the medical certificate must be issued and signed by a nationally recognized doctor of the relevant country. If the passenger leaves from Africa, the medical certificate can also be obtained from Chinese medical institutions. Medical Certificates issued within China may be written in Chinese or English. Medical Certificates issued outside of China may be written in other languages but must have an official English or Chinese translation attached.
4. For safety and health reasons, we recommend that the following passengers do not travel by air:
-Passengers who are or more than 9 months (36 weeks) pregnant
-Passengers close to their expected date and unable to obtain an exact approximation of the expected date, who are pregnant with more than one baby and expected to have pregnancy complications
-Passengers who are pregnant with more than one baby
-Passengers expected to have pregnancy complications
Additionally, it is suggested that passengers who have given birth less than 7 days before their flight, and passengers who have recently had difficult and premature labour and have been diagnosed by doctors as not fit for air travel, do not travel by air.
①: The medical certificate is valid only with the doctor's signature and the official stamp from a Chinese county or municipal medical institution, or the one with equivalent level (such as national 2A level) or above. If the passenger leaves from outside of China, the medical certificate must be issued and signed by a nationally recognized doctor of the relevant country. If the passenger leaves from Africa, the medical certificate can also be obtained from Chinese-funded medical institutions. Medical Certificates issued within China may be written in Chinese or English.Medical Certificates issued outside of China may be written in other languages but must have an official English or Chinese translation attached.
Unaccompanied Traveler Assistance
1. If you are a pregnant passenger under 32 weeks and need to fly alone, we are on the point-to-point domestic flights in and out of Hong Kong (departure station and destination station) in Beijing, Taiyuan, Haikou, Xi’an, Dalian, Guangzhou, Urumqi, Changsha, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, and Sanya. Must also provide you with unaccompanied services (departure station drop-off, special air care, destination station pick-up) for the cities within the above range at the same time, and inform you of our flight information in time via SMS (only domestic mobile phone).
2. You can apply for Unaccompanied service at the time of ticket purchase. If you do not apply at the time of ticket purchase, please apply for Unaccompanied service at the airport check-in counter at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Tips: In view of the current international and domestic COVID-19 situation, Hainan Airlines has suspended unaccompanied pregnant women services on international inbound and outbound flights, domestic Urumqi inbound and Kashgar inbound flights. Hainan Airlines will also suspend the acceptance of applications for unaccompanied pregnant women services for domestic flights in areas with medium to high risks in any city of origin, stopover, and destination from 0:00 on August 8. For passengers who have issued tickets and successfully applied for it, We will continue to serve you. Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
1. Due to the particularity of air transportation and the sensitivity of pregnant women and fetuses to external environmental factors, it is recommended to consult your obstetrics, gynecology or other attending doctors before you plan to travel by plane during pregnancy.
2. Please be careful when carrying luggage and avoid picking up heavy objects.
3. Move your legs and ankles on the seat, and do some simple stretching, which will help your lower extremity blood circulation. When the plane is in level flight, you can walk properly in the aisle without turbulence.
4. When flying for a long time, it is recommended that you wear wide, soft, warm clothes and comfortable flat shoes. Please do not fasten the seat belt on the abdomen, just below the abdomen and above the thigh root.
5. In order to avoid dehydration or nausea when the aircraft is lifted or the cabin temperature changes, it is recommended that you take sufficient water. At the same time, please try to avoid coffee, tea and soft drinks before and during flight. Caffeine and gas in drinks may cause you discomfort during the journey.
6. If you have any situation and need, please contact our staff at the first time, and we will serve you wholeheartedly.
If you need anything during youre flight, please inform our flight attendants who will be happy to assist you.