Chapter 9 Administrative Procedures
Article 98 General Provisions
1. The passenger shall be solely responsible for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands, and travel requirements of place of origin, stopover, and destination and the regulations and instructions of the carrier.
2. Hainan Airlines shall not be liable for any aid or information given by any agent or employee of Hainan Airlines to any passenger in connection with obtaining necessary documents or visas or complying with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, and travel requirements, whether given in writing or otherwise; Or for the consequences to any passenger resulting from his or her failure to obtain such documents or visas or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, requirements, rules or, instructions.
Article 99 Travel Documents
1. The passenger shall present all exit, entry, health, and other documents required by laws, regulations, orders, demands, or requirements of the countries concerned, and permit Hainan Airlines to take and retain copies thereof.
2. Hainan Airlines reserves the right to refuse transportation of any passenger who has not complied with applicable laws, regulations, orders, demands, or requirements or whose documents do not appear to be in order, or who does not permit Hainan Airlines to take and retain copies thereof.
Article 100 Refusal of Entry
1. The passenger shall agree to pay the applicable fare whenever Hainan Airlines, under government order, is required to return a passenger to his or her place of origin or elsewhere owing to the passenger's inadmissibility into a country, whether of transit or of destination.
2. The ticket fare collected for carriage to the point of refusal of entry or deportation will not be refunded by Hainan Airlines.
Article 101 Fines, Detention Costs, etc.
If Hainan Airlines is required to pay or deposit any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of the passenger's failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands, and travel requirements of the countries concerned or to produce the required documents, the passenger shall on demand reimburse Hainan Airlines any amount so paid or deposited and any expenditure incurred.
Article 102 Customs Inspection
1. If required, the passenger should be present at the inspection of his/her baggage, checked or non-checked, by customs or other government officials.
2. Hainan Airlines is not liable to the passenger for any losses or damage suffered by the passenger due to his or her failure to comply with the above-mentioned requirement.
Article 103 Safety Inspection
Passengers and their baggage shall go through any security checks by government, airport officials or Hainan Airlines.
Article 104 Laws and Regulations
Hainan Airlines is not liable if it determines that what it understands to be applicable law, government regulation, demand, order or requirement requires that it refuse and does refuse the transportation of a passenger.