I. Hand baggage standards using the weight concept
Hand baggage standards using the weight concept (domestic flights)
- Domestic Services:
Each piece of carry-on baggage may not exceed 5 kg in weight, and the volume cannot exceed 20 x 40 x 55 cm;
All passengers with First and Business Class tickets may carry two bags each; all passengers with Economy Class tickets may carry only one bag. Passengers who are Fortune Wings Gold/Silver Card Members, company VIPs and CIPs may carry as many pieces of hand baggage as correspond to the standards of their purchased tickets.
Hand baggage should be capable of being stowed under the seat in the row in front of the passenger or in a closed baggage compartment.
II. Carry-on baggage charge under piece concept
Carry-on baggage charge standards using the piece concept (between China and US/Canada/Europe/Russia/Oceania cross-straits flights)
1. For flights departing from the U.S.
(1) Only one piece of carry-on baggage is allowed per passenger.
(2) Each piece of carry-on baggage should not exceed 10 kg (22 pounds) in weight, 115 cm (45 inches) in dimensions (length + width + height), and must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front.
(3) In addition to a free piece of carry-on baggage, each passenger is entitled to bringing one personal item, such as a wallet, a briefcase, a laptop, etc. The following items are also acceptable as carry-on baggage: assistive devices like crutches, wheelchairs; musical instruments; a bag for photograph apparatus; duty-free goods (liquid items like aerosols, gels, which are bought prior to security check will not be handed over until boarding time).
2. Other International Flights
Business Class passengers may carry two pieces of carry-on baggage, and Economy Class passengers may carry one piece of carry-on baggage; Passengers who are Fortune Wings Gold/Silver Card Members, company VIPs and CIPs may bring on as many pieces of carry-on baggage as corresponds to the standards of their purchased tickets.
One piece of carry-on baggage may not exceed 10 kg (22 lb), with dimensions not exceeding 115 cm (45 inches), and it should be capable of being put in the baggage compartment above the seats or under the seat directly in front of the passenger.
Passengers' small animals, their containers and food that are carried as checked baggage will not be calculated with free baggage allowance.
Scope of Application
|One coat, shawl or blanket; one umbrella or walking stick; one set of binoculars; one small camera; a reasonable amount of in-flight reading materials; a travel-sized makeup handbag, small bag, handbag or rucksack (as opposed to those used for shipping makeup); one small document bag or laptop case.||
All Passengers Except Infants
Baby food products for feeding infants during the flight; one baby back carrier and light collapsible baby buggy or pushchair (that can be carried, such that the volume and weight do not exceed hand baggage restrictions, and can be put in the baggage compartment above the seat or under the seat directly in front of the passenger).
One collapsible wheelchair and/or one pair of crutches and/or one sling or other limb repair items that passengers use (that can be carried, such that the volume and weight do not exceed hand baggage restrictions, and can be put in the baggage compartment above the seat or under the seat directly in front of the passenger), and/or collapsible oxygen generator and other respiratory assistive devices.
Handicapped passengers needing wheelchairs, crutches, respiratory assistive devices, slings or limb repair items.